Congratulations to our 10 semi-finalists! Final judging takes place in August and the winning video will be announced in September.
Marisela Soto - "Passionate about Public Relations"
Myreete Wolford - "Public Relations: Join the Mission"
Pearce Murphy - "Visual Storytelling"
Erika Aguirre - "Open Doors"
Nathan Robertson - "Global Public Relations"
Qinqian Tang - "Make a Difference Creatively"
Randy Huynh - "Growing an Organization"
James McCue - "PR Take Flight: Crisis in the Newsroom"
Nicholas Gilyard - "The Greatest Story Ever Told"
Ashley Varner - "Oust the Earmuffs"
VOTING CLOSED - Go To https://www.prtakeflight2014 for the 2014 contest
The Council of PR Firms was searching for the best video that most persuasively, and creatively, finishes this sentence:
A Career in PR is an opportunity for me to: _______________
Take what you know about public relations and match it with your specific talents and passions.
The things you can do in public relations, especially at a PR firm, are plentiful, and the career paths are varied. Here are some examples to consider for your video:
A Career in PR is an Opportunity for me to:
· Be a social media rock star
· Flex my creative chops
· Apply my critical thinking to complex issues
· Make the world a better place
· Tell great stories for my favorite brand, company, team or cause
· Make memorable videos (that spread like wildfire)
In your video, tell us why this is important to you and how you would make this happen in a video that is no longer than three minutes. While the video cannot exceed three minutes, as long as it effectively finishes the sentence above it can be as short as 15, 20 or 30 seconds. Just be creative!
Submissions will be evaluated on creativity, storytelling and best response to contest prompt.
ALSO: Watch the Council of PR Firms' "Take Flight" video to help get your creative juices flowing!
· Airfare and hotel accommodations (3 days/2nights) for a trip to New York City in October.
· $2,500 Cash
· Video will premiere at October 23rd Council of PR Firms Member Dinner - attended by CEOs and senior management of America's leading PR Firms.
· Video will be featured on Council's web site.
· Council will arrange for meetings with three PR firms during NYC trip.
· Special post in the Firm Voice blog.
To enter, please submit a video no longer than 3 minutes that answers the question: “ A Career in PR is an opportunity for me to: _______________”
Note: While video cannot exceed three minutes, as long as it effectively finishes the sentence above it can be as short as 15 - 30 seconds. Just be creative!
The content must be in English and entrants must be 18 or older, and a legal U.S. resident.
Start spreading the news: rally all of your friends to vote for your entry! Everyone can vote only once per day.
The top 9 entrants with the most votes will advance to the semi-finals. One entrant will be picked as the "Critic's Choice Semi-finalist."
A panel of judges will select a grand prize winner out of the semi-finalists
One lucky winner will earn the grand prize:
• Airfare and hotel accommodations (3 days/2nights) for a trip to New York City in October
• Their video shown in front for over 100 PR firm leaders and executives at the Council of PR Firms' Annual Dinner (10/23)
• The opportunity to meet PR firm executives at their offices as arranged by the Council
• Their video highlighted on the Council's website
• The opportunity to be featured in a Council blog post
• and $2,500.
For full eligibility and qualification details please visit the Official Rules link below.
|Round name||Starts on||Ends on|
|Submission round||April 2, 2013 @ 12:00 AM (EDT)||July 8, 2013 @ 11:59 PM (EDT)|
|Voting round||April 2, 2013 @ 12:00 AM (EDT)||July 8, 2013 @ 11:59 PM (EDT)|
|Judging round||July 8, 2013 @ 11:59 PM (EDT)||September 6, 2013 @ 11:59 PM (EDT)|